Boards.

From: Patrick J. Dughi (dughi@IMAXX.NET)
Date: 11/07/97

        I was just going to re-write some board procs, and I was curious
if anyone could think of a better way (read that, more elegant) than using
BOARD_MAGIC in the string_add function?

        To those of you who may be confuseled, BOARD_MAGIC is an
arbitrairy number which is used in the following way:

        When posting on a board, you must save the board number (remember
which board you're writing to).  Now, since we don't have any special way
to specifically do this, we use the long int "to_mail".  However, we have
to differentiate mail and boards, so we add BOARD_MAGIC + the board
number, and do a check to see if any to_mail is greater than
BOARD_MAGIC. If so, its a board, if not, its mail.

        As long as "to_mail" is never set normally (ie, by mail) to more
than BOARD_MAGIC , we'll never have a problem. This works fine, but
shouldn't there be a less "hackish" way of doing it?

                                                PjD