Re: Am I alone...? [OLC Promo]

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@CALIFORNIA.COM)
Date: 11/08/97

On Sun, 9 Nov 1997, Chris Proctor wrote:

->I didn't say it was almost as fast. I said it was FAST. Obviously this
->didn't get the point across.

Your point got across fine.  Mine apparently didn't.  OLC will be
faster than doing it by hand, unless you're using cut-and-paste.

->I find typing away at my fastest typing speed to be MUCH faster than
->typing a command, waiting for a MUD to acknowledge it, typing another

Uhm, maybe you should get a faster computer if you have to wait for
your MUD to acknowledge a command.  Noticable waits only occur with
inefficient code or lag.

->Speaking personally, even the few seconds of lag I get on my MUD makes
->modifying objects a hassle.

Did you say a few seconds lag?  Either you've got 100+ players on your
MUD all fighting simultaneously, your code is horribly inefficient, or
you're exaggerating your situation.

daniel koepke / dkoepke@california.com