Re: Circle's net protocol

From: Ron Hensley (ron@CROSS.DMV.COM)
Date: 11/09/97

> say "Bad! Bad!" =)
>
>         One of my first muds was based in Sweeden.  While it was not
> exactly a blazing fast connection for me, it was usually pretty good - lag
> of 30 seconds about 20-30 times a day was not unexpected, but usually it

For a working example of UDP for a mud in motion, check out MUME.
No lag, is faster, no noticeable packets out of order. Less load on the
computer cunning the mud, and is over seas, log distance.

ptah.lnf.kth.se 4242

    *   Ron Hensley                     ron@dmv.com                   *
    *   Network Administrator           http://www.dmv.com/~ron       *
    *                                   PGP Key at WWW Page           *
    *   DelMarVa OnLine                 749-7898 Ext. 403             *