Re: [AD]Client wars?! (was: Re: Circle's netprotocol)

From: Sean Butler (sbutler@DEVEAST.COM)
Date: 11/10/97

> Hm, what does the playing of .wav files has to do with being more
>powerful? ;> Hm, maybe you could simulate the voice of Bitchin' Betty when
>you're low on HP or somethign similar *Cackle*

It doesn't have a thing to do with being more powerful.  It just makes
the world seem more realistic.  For example, lightning when a storm on
the MUD starts, an explosion when a fireball goes off.  The ability to
play sounds doesn't make for a more powerful, just more featureful.  I
know I can't wait until MSP is added to my fav client (Rapscallion)

--------------------------------
I'd like to put in a plug for Mudmaster.  For those of you that used
Tintin, mudmaster is a tintin like program for 32bit windows.
NOTE: it is not wintintin, it is far better.  In fact it is more
powerful than tintin by a long shot.  And when I say powerful,
I don't refer to its ability to use MSP (which it does) I mean
this is the first truly programable mud client I have seen.

It supports string operations, lists, arrays, client to client chat,
and many many more features. The syntax for this client is almost
identical to tintin. eg.

/action {%0 plunges his dagger in your back} {/var target $0; scold $0}

etc.

I think that those of you who have windows machines, but miss the power
of tintin, and those who are still using telnet, will really love this client.

http://home.earthlink.net/~arithon/MudMaster/

--Sean