Re: [NEWBIE] Mob stats

From: Edward Glamkowski (EGlamkowski@MATHEMATICA-MPR.COM)
Date: 11/10/97

Um, how about 1/20 the exp a PC needs for an equivalent
level?
It all depends on how fast you want your players to be
able to advance in level.  So if a level 10 PC needs
1,000,000 exp to gain level 11, try setting level 10 and 11
mobs to ~50,000 each (+/- 10K), if you want 20 mobs per
level;  100K for 10/level; 10,000 for 100/level (not
recommended ;)  etc.

It's all a function of what you feel is balanced for your
particular mud, in terms of number of levels, exp/level,
difficulty of mobs (are they "smart mobs" - cast spells,
rest when injured, track fleeing players, etc., or just
your regular, run-of-the-mill mobs that stand around
waiting to die ;) , availability of magic and equipment,
and any other factors you feel are relevent.

So no, nobody can really give you a magic formula for mob
exp for your mud - you have to decide on one for yourself.
We can only offer suggestions on what you might want to go
into the decision process.

Edward Glamkowski, Programmer           Mathematica Policy Research
EGlamkowski@mathematic-MPR.COM          Princeton, NJ
                http://www.mathematica-mpr.com/

        In the chapel at Biggin Hill there is a golden book in a glass case.
Every day for the past twenty-five years a page has been turned.  On
each page one can read the names and ranks of those who took off on
that day  and never returned.  Sometimes the page is filled to the last
line.
        They are all Dowding's boys.

        The Battle of Britain  by Marcel Jullian