Re: 12 year old and in distress

From: Baktor Silvanti (baktor@BEDFORD.NET)
Date: 11/12/97

Lo:

I also have borland C++ (4.5) and yes, you can compile the mud using
borland.  The problem though is this, is your version new enough to
handle long file names and 32bit apps?  If it can, then its pretty easy
to compile it down, if not...its possible still but very very tedious
and flakey.  My borland didn't originally work with 32bit apps and long
file names but borland has released a update for it some time back and
if you can track it down, you add lots to your compiler.

Well, I guess the point is, you have to first find out more about your
mud, then make some decisions as to:

1.  Handle long file names and 32bit stuff
2.  if not, is it worth (or you competant enough) to rewrite sections
of  code.
3.  If no again, are you allowed to get another compiler that CAN handle
it?  (there are a few free windows 32bit compilers you can get)

I guess that's all i have for now.  Good luck.

Baktor Silvanti

*********Definition of Black Holes:  Places where God divided by
Zero.****