Re: 12 year old and in distress

From: Leonardo Herrera L. (leherrer@ENTELCHILE.NET)
Date: 11/13/97

Robert Peters wrote:

> If I'm not mistaken, then the C++ builder is slightly similar
> to Borland's Delphi.  In theory, that should have everything you
> need to compile Circle.  But I'd hate to have to do that type of
> thing without a command line compiler.  You'd have to port Circle
> to use Windows messaging, which I seem to remember someone
> talking about this with Visual Basic a while back, but I don't think
> they had much success.  I'd go with Linux and GCC :)
>
> RP.

Yes, you're right. Borland C++ Builder is a native 32 bits windows
compiler, and is not slightly similar, is VERY similar to Delphi. I
remember another guy in the list that compile (sp? compiled? has
compiled? argh...) the mud with BCPPB, but the process is not very easy.
And yes, it supports long filenames... :) (I have written an area editor
in a few days with it, and is very easy to use)

(I'm not speak english, but never get confused about Turbo C++,  Borland
C++ and Borland C++ Builder... there are three different products... :)
)

Thanks for reading my english,

--
Leonardo Herrera L.