[INFO] GenOLC

From: George (greerga@DRAGON.HAM.MUOHIO.EDU)
Date: 11/13/97

I've put a new snapshot of the GenOLC code changes with OasisOLC v1.5 on my
web page.  The address is http://www.van.ml.org/CircleMUD/olcgen.patch.  As
before, DO NOT USE THIS UNLESS YOU WANT TO HELP DEBUG IT, IT'S NOT DONE.
Now that that has been said, here's what is basically new:

* strip_cr function based on the original strip_string
* Included fread_string fix to make sure \r's don't pile up
* Realized I forgot to reformat olc.c for v1.5 and did so (nothing major)
* Random cosmetic changes elsewhere also.
* redit.c and olc.c changed to v2.0 before I forget to later.
* redit_save_internally is very much gutted.
* redit_save_to_disk is now a one line wrapper.
* olc_saveinfo is now a one line wrapper.
* olc_add_to_save_list is now a one line wrapper.
* olc_remove_from_save_list is now a one line wrapper.
* Put a note in the comments that MobProgs are not included with Oasis.
* new function: save_all() (To replace the save code in shutdown section)
* copy_room is now (believed to be) stable except when the room has an
        extra description. (A pointer magically is nulled between 2 lines.)
* copy_room idea by Cris Jacobin <jacobin@bellatlantic.net>
* Borrowed Sammy's sprintbits() function, cleaned it up and renamed it to
        sprintascii().  All rooms will now be saved with alpha bitvectors.

It's 46k and 1,600 lines of changes (without whitespace changes)

Keep up the good work Desmond. :)

If anyone has any suggestions on making anything more general or other
improvements, drop me a line, and good night...