Re: An unwanted CRASHlog message

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@CALIFORNIA.COM)
Date: 11/16/97

On Sun, 16 Nov 1997, Chuck Reed wrote:

->Every time I advance someone my game crashes and I get this error in
->syslog.CRASH:
->
->Sun Nov 16 02:43:35 :: Received SIGHUP, SIGINT, or SIGTERM.  Shutting down...

People are always so confused by this: the syslog does not report
problems with the code in most cases.  It only reports things about
the game.  Use a debugger (gdb) to figure out why something is
crashing or code isn't working as expected.

->No clue why, what, when who, how, or whatever else!

You know where, that's a good start.  You can use the debugger to find
the what; and your knowledge of code to figure out the why.

daniel koepke / dkoepke@california.com