Re: Question RE: Idle Timers...

From: StormeRider (silk@ICI.NET)
Date: 11/16/97

>The great thing about having grep--or at least something that
>functions like it--is that you can lookup things on your own.  I did
>'grep -n idle *.c | less' and right at the bottom I get:

Just out of curiosity, whats the -n for?

>  limits.c:355:      send_to_char("You have been idle, and are pulled
>  into a void\r\n", ch);
>
>So, working with my psychic powers (again I bring up my psychic
>poweres; I don't make much of a secret of them, do I?  Next week,
>there's an episode of The X-Files based on me...) and that clue--which
>didn't tell me a lot, mind you--I decided to look in limits.c, around
>line 355.  Low in behold if not a page and a half below (on line 409)
>I found the code:
>
>  if (GET_LEVEL(i) < LVL_GOD)
>    check_idling(i);

Dammit, missed that. *grumbles to himself* Thats the thing about coding,
the answer is usually staring you in the face and the eye just loooooves to
slip right over it. When I went looking I was searching on LVL_IMMORT and
.timer (after seeing there was no macro set up in utils.h)

I just want to say thank you, and at the same time mention I'm not an
idiot... just have crappy vision due to glaucoma.

StormeRider                  --- http://www.windsofstorm.net/wos/
silk@ici.net                 --- telnet://cmoo.com:4004