Re: [OFFTOPIC] Perl scripts

From: Patrick J. Dughi (dughi@IMAXX.NET)
Date: 11/18/97

On Tue, 18 Nov 1997, Chris Jacobson wrote:

> I use a Perl script by Patrick Dughi for cleaning out ASCII pfiles... all
> it does right now is check for the Deleted flag.  However, I was
> wondering if it was possible to add in a check for Levl: # being less
> than a certain number, and the file being older than, say, 30 days.
>
> Is this possible?  If so, anyone care to give me a small snippet of code?
>  I know no Perl :-)
way up top, add

$LEVEL_DEL=10;               # level to delete after 30 days.

        Add this in find_and_remove after
    if (/Id  /) {
      ($id,$colon,$idnum)=split(/\s+/,$_,3);
      chop($idnum);
    }

                add these lines:

    if (/Last/) {
      ($last,$colon,$lastnum)=split(/\s/,$_,3);
      chop($lastnum);
    }
    if (/Levl/) {
      ($levl,$colon,$levlnum)=split(/\s/,$_,3);
      chop($lastnum);
    }

    and then, right before the close(PFILE) line, add

/* check for level being less than a certain number, and the character not
        having logged in for about a month */
  if ((time() - $lastnum) > (60*60*24*30)) && ($levlnum < $LEVEL_DIR)) {
    #then, its more than a month
    $delete=1;
  }

                        Huzzzah. It is done.