Re: Idle/Room Rnum's

From: George (greerga@DRAGON.HAM.MUOHIO.EDU)
Date: 11/19/97

On Wed, 19 Nov 1997, Cris Jacobin wrote:

>        I doubt George would have played a cruel joke, and patched this to
>occur in limits.c with his object sinking patch.  So the questions are...

Nope, that's stock code relying on the world being there.

>        1/  Can room Rnum's change out of the blue?  Olc, maybe?

Yes, if you delete or add a room virtually below it.

>        2/  Can I safely change the char_to_room(ch, 1) to rnum 0?
>            (Maybe even change the code in limits.c to pull the rnum of
>             the void from the vnum, so it doesn't occur again)

Yes, rnum 1 is typically 'Limbo'
[         1] Limbo [ INDOORS ] [ Desert ]
   You are floating in a formless void, detached from all sensation of
physical matter, surrounded by swirling glowing light, which fades into the
relative darkness around you without any trace of edges or shadow.
   There is a "No Tipping" notice pinned to the darkness.
[ Exits: None! ]

>        3/  Where is the real Rnum 3 and what is it's purpose in terms of
>            idling?

It's nothing special, just meant to be an empty room in zone 0.  Look at
the original 0.wld that has #0, #1, #3, and #99 (or more).