Re: Hedit and possibly Aedit

From: Mark A. Heilpern (heilpern@MINDSPRING.COM)
Date: 11/20/97

At 04:53 AM 11/20/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Ok, I went to put in hedit, it seems to work fairly fine, but *sigh* with
>something similar to the problems I'm having with aedit. Which makes sense
>because hedit is based off of aedit as a template.

Yes. This made the rejects file group a pain in the ass since I already
had the aedit patch in place when I added hedit.

>Neither actually changes the help files (like aedit doesnt change the
>social file for me). It sounds like something is not being reset, but the
>saving issue shouldn't occur either because if I did muck something up in
>the aedit then it shouldnt have crossed over to the new code in hedit.
>Unless hedit reads the entry form the help file as opposed to memory
>(*didnt look that closely*).

I thought hedit wasn't saving also. When I poked around, I discovered the
save was being written to a file called (I think) help.hlp, which is otherwise
unused as best I can tell.

Looked to me like the help index was being build from the files listed in
lib/text/help/index, so I removed the existing list and replaced the index
contents with help.hlp, and things started working. (Note, this must be done
_after_ using hedit with a save, to properly create the initial help.hlp
file).