Re: Hedit and possibly Aedit

From: Rasdan (rasdan@PEAK.ORG)
Date: 11/20/97

>> _after_ using hedit with a save, to properly create the initial help.hlp
>> file).
>
>Not necessarily.
>
>cd lib/text/help
>cat *.hlp > help.hlp
>
>Dont forget to also update your index.mini just in case you ever start
>up  in mini mud mode

There is nothing that says that online help file editor requires that all
help files be in the same file. I have coded myself in an online help file
editor for the obuild system and I still use multiple files. It's quite
easy to do.

Just add a byte to the help structure for file number, and then within the
editor, have it check for item type before it opens the proper help file for
writing.

Nice and simple :)

Although I tore out the stock structure and put in my own and redid the way
help files are parsed.

Rasdan
                                  /   \
        _                 )      ((   ))     (
       (@)               /|\      ))_((     /|\                 _
       |-|`\            / | \    (/\|/\)   / | \               (@)
       | | ------------/--|-voV---\`|'/--Vov-|--\--------------|-|
       | |  James C. Thomas Jr.   `\Y/'  Founder of Finality   |-|
       |-|                 rasdan@finality.com                 | |
       | |                  finality.com 4000                  |-|
                 l /   V           \ \       V   \ l           (@)
                                   `\ /'
                                     `