Re: [newbie] On the fly spec_procs

From: Cris Jacobin (jacobin@BELLATLANTIC.NET)
Date: 11/20/97

>On Thu, 20 Nov 1997, Michael Simons wrote:
>
>>Is there a way that I can assign a spec_proc to a mob or object with out
>>having to reboot and recompile the mud everytime I add another?  I was
>>thinking of making the spec_assign.c read from a file, and allow builders
>>to assign a spec_proc in medit, and have it write this to the spec_assign
>>file.  Or is there a simpler way to do this?

        I was thinking about adding a bit to mobact.c.  Two sets of flags,
one for attitude and the other for classes, etc.  This way, could assign a
certain character to npc's easily, and on the fly with Oasis.

        But this is only because I have yet to get the mobprogs on the ftp
site to work properly.  Still, it's a simple and integrated approach it
seems.

-jac
ButterMud - telnet://betterbox.net:4000