Re: thaco calculations

From: George (greerga@DRAGON.HAM.MUOHIO.EDU)
Date: 11/22/97

On Fri, 21 Nov 1997, Anthony J rye wrote:

>Calm down dan it was just a thought man, i didnt know that jeremy was
>doing all that. I thought he got the bug out in bpl12 (which i am not

/*
 * PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DON'T TRY TO USE THIS YET!!!
 *  *** DO *** NOT *** SEND ME MAIL ASKING WHY IT DOESN'T WORK -- IT'S
 *  NOT DONE!!
 */

All you have to do is read olc.c or if you type 'olc', you see this:

OLC is not yet complete.  Sorry.

>using right now). I think we all should give credit to where credit is due
>and all of us Mass Mail Send Jeremy saying "thank you for suck a wonderful
>game"! :P

I'm assuming 'suck' was a typo ;)

>No. just kidding ,but i am thankful if it wasnt for this game where else
>can i go to get flamed :P

Willingness to explore the problem before asking and C coding common sense
prevent most flames.  I don't remember ever being flamed here for any of my
questions (previous to my patch page and oasis and such) but then again, I
solved most of them on my own.  When I was playing with the code for the
first time (with no knowledge of C), I worked at it until I got it right or
for things like pointers, I bugged the people around me in life to explain
the _concept_ not the specific problem I had.  Explaining one problem
doesn't help much but the general concept does. "Oh, you mean you have to
allocate memory? No wonder I locked my computer up 10 times." :)