Re: [Bug] Item Dup (old bug)

From: Chris Jacobson (fear@ATHENET.NET)
Date: 11/22/97

On 11/22/97 2:24 AM, David Klasinc
(bigwhale@CAPYBARA.SK-PTTSC.LJ.EDUS.SI) stated:

>Hm, you mean, somebody saves his char, drops the item on the floor, cuts
>the link, reconnects and has item in the inventory and on the floor? Or
>something like this? :)
>
>Well the fix is pretty simple... Just make it so, that character is saved
>at the end of these commands: give/buy/sell/drop/get
>
>Just one save_char(ch, NOWHERE);
>
>I think this should help radically :)

I'll be doing that, but I found out from my other admins that nobody is
actually using that bug.  The actual bug was dropping link and using
someone else to kill the linkdead character.  Its a total PK mud, so it
was happening quite frequently - we had people duplicating our most
powerful MISSION (quest) items, then handing them out like candy... like
the jetpack that lets you fly in GRAVITY rooms (really fun to see people
fall :-), and the spacesuit-flagged items for existing in a vacuum...

- Chris Jacobson
  FearItself of Aliens vs Predator: The MUD (avp.ml.org:4444)