[NEWBIE] descriptor_list

From: Mark Dickey (mark@BESTWEB.NET)
Date: 11/22/97

I've been searching through the code to find how the d->connected (and teh
realated stuff) works.

I have done a bunch of greps, and I think it all originates from comm.c,
but that code is a little heavy for me.

Is there any real simple good description of how it works?

BTW, the reason I got into it is because of how I am doing to who comamnd.
I have two different whos, one for imms and one for mortals.  All the
mortals can see is the players name and title, while the immorts see the
race, name, title, and level.  The last part that I want to add is where
they see the state of the connection, such as exactly what thing is the
player doing.  (redit, zedit, writing, mailing etc)  There is currently
some stuff for that, but I don't like how it is done and was thinking of
making (unless it is already there) a variable for the player that
contains the exact state of the connection.

Is there any good information that people could give me?

Thanks so much, also, if you feel that this is too newbie, please just
delete it and not spam the list.  (At the most send me a personal e-mail)

Thanks,

Mark Dickey