Re: AutoAuction v2.0

From: George (greerga@CIRCLEMUD.ORG)
Date: 12/01/97

On Tue, 2 Dec 1997, Rasmus Ronlev wrote:

>Uhm, I've got a pretty much 'working' version of AutoAuction, that I
>hacked together myself. Only thing that'll crash it is, that it doesn't
>check for objects that might time out during the auction.

Mine rechecks the object every 15 seconds (pulse_auction) out of paranoia,
the seller could drop the item or junk it.

>However, it doesn't use an 'auctioneer', but runs 'entirely' on the
>auction channel, that's been restructured, to just an auction 'item', bid
><value> thing, that displays what's going on. It stacks objects in a que,

I think an auctioneer adds personality, besides, it lets me use
do_gen_comm.

>etc etc. If you want to take a peek at it, tell me, and I'll mail it to
>you. If not I'll just keep it to myself *grin*

Sure, it'll help me find problems or better ways to make mine. :)

>Btw. I followed that idea of yours, to free the mob_proto and mob_index
>tables in the code and see when they got corrupted. Seems they get

Should only have to use the free(mob_proto); one for a successful crash.

>corrupted somewhere in the assigning of spec-procs... I'll have to look

I think you said you removed the castle, but did you remove the special
procedure assignments?  They'd go to mob_index[-1] if you left them.

>into this some more. Thanks for the idea. Actually it's given me more info
>on half an hour with moving free()'s arround the code and recompiling than
>4-5 days of heavy use of debugging libraries et al... *snicker*

It's funny, isn't it? :)