Re: editing do_who & do_score

From: David Klasinc (bigwhale@CAPYBARA.SK-PTTSC.LJ.EDUS.SI)
Date: 12/04/97

On Thu, 4 Dec 1997 ajrye@ONE.NET wrote:

> > Do you know what a character constant is?
>
>  kinda, i have C books i have been reading.
>  i know what constant means, not sure which character is constant

Oh, god please!!! Have Mercy! *emote runs away screaming.*

ObCircle:
 More about mail... And also, how about sending mail to the boards when
outside of mud? *Scratch* We could define something like message header
that would be in the subject of the mail sent to the address and would
look something like this:

Subject: <board name>;<sender_name>;<subject>

Then in sendmail there would be an alias defined that would run external
program which would chew that message and sent it to the message board...
Of course there would be senders email logged somewhere, so that admins
would see who was original sender, and furthermore it could be checked
what the sender_name is and the email address from which was message sent
and if there is a match in player file it would be posted... otherwise
not.. Hmmmm... maybe even there should be a password field in the subject
line, this would reduce fake posts VERY much... :)
Comments?

David!