Re: Ban list

From: Mark A. Heilpern (heilpern@MINDSPRING.COM)
Date: 12/04/97

Well, you're basically right. A string comparison is being performed, not
an
ip check. Since ip's are often dynamic, storing an exact ip isn't the
best way
to do things anyway.

My advice is to not go back and forth between fast and slow dns... pick
one and
keep it. If you find that you must switch, it's something that wont
happen very
often so the ban's shouldn't be that much of a problem. (Unless you
really have
alot of people out there that what to use your mud while you dont want
them.)