Re: [CODE] Files

From: j f chaos (jfchaos@JUNO.COM)
Date: 12/05/97

On Thu, 4 Dec 1997 11:32:28 -0600 "Drago's" <creed@I-55.COM> writes:
>>It would be easier to add a string field to the existing wld files.

 This will not simply be added to the current description,
>however.  If the character meets the ability score minimum, the
alternate
>desc will be displayed instead of the normal one.  However, since most
rooms
>won't have an "alternate description", a description of nothing would
have
>to result in a world[room_nr].extra_desc = world[room_nr].description
>call.  I don't know exactly how I would do that, but I'm sure it's not
>hard.  With this method, I could simply add

[Snip]

>to the room data and have checks for it.  However, I am unsure how to
set up
>extra fields in the records in wld files.  I am just GUESSING that it
would
>accept two new fields ended by a ~ mark (as long as they were
appropriate
>types)?

Why not have a room flag called something like RM_EXTRA_DESC and have the
mud check for that. Of course you're going to have to write a separate
field for the minimum ability score.

Lord Chaos

We are Borg of Microsoft.  Competition is futile.  Prepare to be
negotiated.