Re: [IDEA] Land Grants

From: Aaron Miller (archmage@CRYOGEN.COM)
Date: 12/05/97

>I'm trying to find a way to make a way for mortals to 'buy' land to
>build on with minimal-no immortal interaction (after all immortal are not
>part of the game[well thats how I see it]) but I want to make an redit
>like thing so they can change the room names and descriptions (kinda like
>remodleing your house :)
Sure you could. Make a new bitvector(i think?) for rooms that stores who
owns them. Set to NULL or NONE if no owner, or the name of a mob that will
sell a deed to it, whatever. You could have a symbolic object (deed, etc)
or not, your choice. Then you could give everyone access to redit, but only
allow certain people to edit rooms that's owners were a mob or none. Or, you
could write a custom redit type command just for player house editing or whatnot. Of course, you would still need some type of policy concerning the building of houses. (Obviously they can't make it out to something completely unrealistic or out of place)
>Btw: I'm kinda working on a new type of fireweapon code, I'll distribute
>it once I've figured out where my bug is :)
Always love to see code released :) You have to love the CircleMUD community.