Re: [IDEAS][NEWBIE]Immortal interaction within the Game

From: Justin (c616077@SHOWME.MISSOURI.EDU)
Date: 12/05/97

On Fri, 5 Dec 1997, Benjamin Draper wrote:
<...>
> character, in order to sustain their immortal status, must regularly
> affect events within the mud.
<...>
>    This system is designed so that immortals have to play a part in
> the game, rather than sitting around invis gossiping and showing
> off their new oedited clothes. It's also there so that maybe, just
> maybe, some mortals might start roleplaying.

I have something similar to that in my (still coming) mud.  I have 3
divisions of characters, mortals, highest mortals(what are they on other
muds, heroes?), and immortals(the gods).  Basically, h-n-s'ers can only
get anywhere in the mortal levels.  The highest mortals are required to
develop a speciality along the lines of rp.  They are given experience
when they satisfy the gods with their playing.  The exp btwn these lvls
are really small, starting at 1 and topping at 10.  Immortals, however,
are only folks who donate the the structure of the mud, either through
coding, building, or disicpline.
Just throwing out my ideas on the topic... :)

Salvatore