[QUESTION] Spec Procs with an Affection

From: Ryan Gasper or Steven Arnold (dalamar@CYBERCOM.NET)
Date: 12/07/97

        Greetings.
        I am interested in adding in spec_procs, that when an item is
worn, it sets an affection on the player. I was looking back at the Ring
of Invis item that was posted a while back for some ideas, but that uses
the command 'appear' and 'disappear'.
        With the ring, if you disappeared, and removed the ring, you were
still invis, unless 'magical' was the only alias for the ring, then typing
remove magical would remove the invis affection, and the ring.
        Would I have to make an alias for the item that is not used
anywhere else, that way it doesn't get confused? Or could I use a vnum to
make sure it is the correct item?
        If anyone knows how to do this using the items vnum and not the
alias, please let me know. Appreciated.

         /|"You will never see me cause    \/------------------\/|\
          | I'm always alone" -Ministry      dalamar@cybercom.net|
          |"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to   |
        _\|_time_with_the_blood_of_patriots_and_tyrants"_-ThomasJ|/_