Re: [IDEA] Saving full player's log

From: Andrey Fidrya (andrey@ALEX-UA.COM)
Date: 12/07/97

> > What about giving immortals ability to log text being sent by MUD to
> ... snip snip ...
> What about players privacy? *scratch* I owuld certanly be annoyed if I
> knew that somebody is able to see EVERYTHING that I do...

Well, you can warn players about ability of implementors to log their
actions, or even give them an option to disable all possible logging.
In my MUD, only beta testers (they will be warned of course) will have
logging turned on. This will simpilfy the bug-catching process. Instead
of sending me bug reports by mail, they can just ask me to view log files
on server.
Also, if someone is complaining that other person is spamming him, how
can you find out is he lying or not without logging victim's actions for
few minutes and looking into his log files?

  Andrey (andrey@alex-ua.com)
    aka Zmey//RMUD