Re: [CODE] Race Skills/Spells

From: bruce (joshcrawford@YAHOO.COM)
Date: 12/07/97

---"Patrick J. Dughi" <dughi@IMAXX.NET> wrote:

> > I have long tried to implement initial skills/spells for
> > each of my races (like elves receiving BOW at 90% at level 1).
> >
> > How do I add this feature?? Anyone who have done it?
> > I need answers. Have tried to copy the 'spell_level' function
> > but without success.
> >
>         This is actually pretty easy, all things considered.  When
you go
> through the initial character generation, after the race is chosen
have
> something like the  following in the next  con state:
>
>         switch(race) {
>             case RACE_ELF:
>                 GET_SKILL(d->character,SKILL_BOW)=90;
>                 GET_SKILL(d->character,SKILL_SNEAK)=20;
>                 break;
>             case RACE_DWARF:
>                 GET_SKILL(d->character,SKILL_AXE)=60;
>                 break;
>                         .
>                         .
>                         .
>         etc..
>
>                                         PjD

do_start() would be the logical place for this, where it already does
the skills for thieves.

==
<!-- I apologize for any formatting problems as -->
<!-- I am stuck using Yahoo! mail at the moment -->
<!-- bruce - bruce@audiophile.com               -->
<!-- http://www.AudioPhile.com/bruce            -->