To C++ or not to C++, that is the question!

From: Chris Jacobson (fear@ATHENET.NET)
Date: 12/09/97

Well, I have been sitting around thinking, now that I've implemented most
of what I wanted to to get my MUD off the ground and out of beta phase
(in fact when a couple more zones are ready we move into final beta
phase), I've been debating about whether I should stay C or go C++.

I know both languages equally, enjoy both languages.  I see the
advantages of each in different situations, but when it comes to the MUD,
I am stuck.

In your opinions, should I convert to C++ or no?  Will GDB demangle the
names properly?  What are the advantages/disadvantages.  I'ld like to
hear peoples opinions.  I also think the outcome of this discussion might
make a good topic for the FAQ (or a different one) at some point, as if
enough big-name Circle coders (Jeremy, George, Erwin, Alex, Patrick,
Fili, Daniel, Akuma, I'm looking in your directions :-) give their honest
opinions on the C/C++ debate, it can put future questions (and maybe the
direction of a lot of people's work) to rest.

- Chris Jacobson