Re: [NEWBIE] tar.gz

From: Dominance Circle Beta Site (domibeta@BROOKS-LADD.KEENE.EDU)
Date: 12/12/97

>         Never said I never was, however, I made damn sure that I had the
> knowledge to run a MUD, (which I took a C class for), basic Unix
> knowledge, and an idea of where to go if I didn't.
>         This list is supposed (or so I thought) to be for people to
> discuss Circle Code, and Circle Ideas. Instead we get bombarded with
> nit-wits who don't know what a .gz extension means. Give me a break. This
> is not the Newbie help list, as you think it is. Nobody minds helping
> someone that is having problems, and have tried to fix them in a
> knowledgable way, but some of these questions are getting ridiculous.

        Clearly this flame requires a flame.  Ryan, are you stupid?  Do
you think that throwing out flames helps the situation?  Do you think I
have even the slightest bit of interest in what you think of simple newbie
questions?
        If it's an inappropriate message, let the administration of the
list remove them.  If you're really annoyed WRITE THEM PRIVATE MAIL.  I
strongly resent being subjected to (and being forced to write) these
waste-of-my-time-and-bandwidth flames.
        You're perpetuating the problem, not fixing it.  Flaming really
accomplishes absolutely nothing.  Newbies will keep coming, and keep
asking simple questions.  If this annoys you, I recommend you remove
yourself from the list rather than waste any more of anyone's time.
        I apologize for this message, but I've noticed that a peridoic
flame re:flames tends to kill the flames for a while :)

-Paul