Saving restrung objects.

From: Angus Mezick (angus@EDGIL.CCMAIL.COMPUSERVE.COM)
Date: 12/12/97

     What do you all think would be the best option for saving restrung
     objects?  We are thinking of having Quest objects that char can
     win/pay mega gold for and get a nice item that is personalized and can
     never leave their eq/inventory lists. this includes them keeping it
     through DT/death/other mishap.  Also, they cannot give/drop/stolen/put
     in obj or anything else that would involve this obj leaving their
     possession.

     As I see it, I have three options for saving these obj's

     1) the really icky one, reserving space in the player.obj file. ICK!
     2) a separate file for storing obj strings per player that needs it
     3) tagged asci save files  (might even reduce disk bloat.)

     hmmm... I am leaning more towards #3 even though I dislike possible
     speed issues.  hrm...

     --Angus