Re: error compiling

From: Joe Frohne (frohne@POST.ITS.MCW.EDU)
Date: 12/12/97

> okay i found my c book but i don't like to read :)
> any way i put in the patch exp_replacement and got this bug
> err error i should say
> act.wizard.c: In function `do_advance':
> act.wizard.c:1229: invalid use of undefined type `struct title_type'
> *** Error code 1
> anyone know how to correct it?

I would start out with some simple bug hunting techniques.  It says there
is in invalid use of undefined type.  First thing I would do is go to
structs.h and see if title_type is defined as a structure.  If it is, look
at whats defined there and go back to act.wizard.c and look around line
1229 and see what code is there that looks wrong.  Look at the
function do_advance; where does it refer to title_type, does that
look ok.  Start with the simple and go from there.

Joe aka Moradin of Awakened Dawn