Re: To C++ or not to C++, that is the question! Fri, Dec 12, 1997 at 11:29:41AM -0600

From: Eric Green (thrytis@IMAXX.NET)
Date: 12/12/97

On Fri, Dec 12, 1997 at 11:29:41AM -0600, Chris Jacobson wrote:
> Since scripts are now a big part of my MUD (along with a nice spot in the
> credits mentioning your names :-), I am curious to know what you mean by
> "three copies".  I looked through the code recently (in fact added the
> ability to access individual words in %arg% like: %arg.1% or %arg.5%),
> and am confused as to what you mean by that.

Some of the three copies i was refering to was passing around my objects
(mob, item, room) as a void *, and then using a case statement (on
MOB_TRIGGER, OBJ_TRIGGER, and WLD_TRIGGER) to typecast and figure out what
i wanted.  Flipping quickly through the code for the script driver, i guess
i thought i did it more often than i actually did.  The other three
copies were for the commands... oecho, mecho, and wecho are basically
the same code, so if you do it right, you can just use one do_secho
and use it for all three.  (I'm just using this for an example, i'm
not sure what ones i did... it was a while ago.)

> BTW, the scripts are really nice, I sent the DG-to-C port I made to Chris
> Powell, he is working on a patch against stock for it.

It is great to see someone making use of it.

Eric