Re: your mail

From: Chuck Carson (chuck@DIGMO.ORG)
Date: 12/16/97

I added an item flag, ITEM_HIDDEN, and an affect DETECT_HIDDEN. I then had a
search skill that players could use to detect hidden items in the room.
(also secret doors). The DETECT_HIDDEN affect I used to give dwarves their
innate ability to spot secret doors and also used this with spells for other
races. It was not hard at all to implement, just check each item in the room
for DETECT_HIDDEN as you would INVISIBLE. This requires players to be more
'interactive' with the mud and not just run around killing and triggering
'get all corpse'. My players especially liked the secret doors
implementation. I also did something similar for buried objects.

Chuck