Re: [ OFF-TOPIC ] Quoting...

From: StormeRider (silk@ICI.NET)
Date: 12/17/97

At 01:56 PM 12/17/97 -0500, you wrote:
>// thus on Wed, 17 Dec 1997 13:17:32 -0500, StormeRider virtually wrote:
>
>Angus> interesting, now just to strap an OASIS front end to it. (impl only)
>Angus> probably would go a long way to balancing imm commands. (that or
>Angus> group the commands into permission sets and set the right bits on
>Angus> the imms)
>
>Me> ObCircle: anyone intrested in a bpl12 version of command_interpreter
>Me> that's read in from an ASCII file, and allows commands to be
>Me> enabled/disabled at runtime?
>
>StormeRider> Anyone considered making a standard patch out of the trust
>StormeRider> system and integrating command disabling? Is one of the things
>StormeRider> I have on my plate to do sometime and interested in the
>StormeRider> general opinion.
>
>Trust system?  Haven't been too much into that.  One of the things I've
>worked on with an offshoot of bpl11 has been reorganizing zone controls to
>specific people via access control lists.  Kinda like giving immortals
>read, write or both methods of access to specific people (this information
>is saved into the zone file).

Sounds a lot like what I meant, except that you would assign certain levels
of trust on a command, like TRUST_ALL, TRUST_GOOD, TRUST_SECURITY,
TRUST_CREATOR. The command interpreter would check to see if the trust is
TRUST_ALL, if so just skip past everything unless the person was set as
being TRUST_NONE for that command. (*IE, disable a person's ability to use
a command like say =) And online changing of things.... hmmmmmmm)

Well, just some things to think about.

OFFTOPIC:
What email program is it that you use? Interesting quote method the way it
keeps track of the person who has "voice" in the message. I like it. =)

StormeRider                  --- http://www.windsofstorm.net/wos/
silk@ici.net                 --- telnet://cmoo.com:4004