Re: hidden objs

From: ;P (siv@CYBERENET.NET)
Date: 12/17/97

>      try not giving the obj a long desc (or which ever desc show up when it
>      is on the ground) and describe the obj in the room desc.... (make sure
>      it is notake)  I love to use this to make wall safes and built in
>      cabinets.

uh..i wasn't really asking for how to do it (especially since i already
implemented hidden objs)...rather i was asking for pro-con arguments for
having them..

pro (from me):
another feature that will diversify players, and the player's eq

con (from a co-admin):
all it means is that people will have to be affected with DETECT_OBJ, or
whatever..just another minor inconvenience (comparable to DETECT_INVIS,
SENSE_LIFE, etc)

siv