Question

From: Mike Schlagenhauf (mschlag@CS.PURDUE.EDU)
Date: 12/17/97

K, been toolin' away on doin' a multiclass system for my MUD, usin' a few
different things as semi-walkthrus, and I've got some minor bugs that I
can't for the life of me figure out right now.  Tried tons of different
things, nothin' really workin' at this point, so this is kinda my last
resort...  ;-)

1st thing:  Added a few classes, including a freelance class, which I want
set to my default.  I got all the defines and everything added in, sets
the class to freelancer with no problems, only thing that's got me puzzled
is, I added CON_QFREELANCER and moved CON_QCLASS later on down, added
CON_QFREELANCER into structs.h, got all that done.  What happens is, a new
player logs in, is asked name, pw, then gender, they put in m/f, then you
have to press enter a second time after putting in m/f to get a message
stating the freelance system to come up, then everything is normal.  For
the life of me, I can't figure out what is requiring that second enter?
Any clues?

2nd:  Put in a manual gaining system that basically uses a flag once the
player has a "credit" with which to gain.  The thing that's getting me
here is that when they player gets to the max xp for their level (2000 to
get to level 2), their xp ends up going past that, to like 2006 or beyond.
I've tried accounting for that by subtracting the difference from my
exptotal for the char (total exp they've gained over the life of their
character), but the only thing I can really get to work was to set their
exptotal to level_exp(...) when they go to gain @ their guildmaster.
Anybody get what I'm saying, and if so, ideas on how to counter this?

Thanks in advance!

--
Mike Schlagenhauf
mschlag@cs.purdue.edu