Re: Question

From: Marc Gale (m.gale@HUGH.BGC.AC.UK)
Date: 12/18/97

> 2nd:  Put in a manual gaining system that basically uses a flag once the
> player has a "credit" with which to gain.  The thing that's getting me
> here is that when they player gets to the max xp for their level (2000 to
> get to level 2), their xp ends up going past that, to like 2006 or beyond.
> I've tried accounting for that by subtracting the difference from my
> exptotal for the char (total exp they've gained over the life of their
> character), but the only thing I can really get to work was to set their
> exptotal to level_exp(...) when they go to gain @ their guildmaster.
> Anybody get what I'm saying, and if so, ideas on how to counter this?

Is this happening when they reach the exp needed and gain the flag,
or during combat when more exp is awarded?

If the former, then a quick check can be done as you said (set the
exp total equal to the level_exp), if it is during combat, you can
put a quick check for the flag just before the exp award bits, and if
the flag is there, skip the exp award.

Marc
hoping he understood the initial problem :o)