Re: [GCC][OFF-TOPIC] Turning off specific warnings

From: Damjan C. Frankovic (nerdimac@PROGSOC.UTS.EDU.AU)
Date: 12/18/97

On Thu, 18 Dec 1997, George wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Dec 1997, Chris Jacobson wrote:
>
> >act.wizard.c++:2090: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
>
> -Wno-sign-compare
>
> >act.wizard.c++:2107: warning: int format, long int arg (arg 4)

 Personally I think(ie it is just _my_ opinion) that all error and all
 warnings should be enabled for example a common error amoungst my
 newbie(and so called experienced coders)

 if (raff->timer = 0)   <---- This statement will give a warning
                              but it could mean two things

 if ((raff->timer = 0)  <---- which is pretty pointless sinse it never
                              does inside the if statment