Re: question about switch, return, break

From: Blue Lang (blue@CALICO.GATOR.NET)
Date: 12/19/97

> Odd, I installed it from the 2.0.5.tar.gz file with 2.0.5c patch.  Not a
> single problem.  Perhaps RedHat did something to the library. (Yes, my
> version of the libc works, my MUD is currently running on it.)

heh. mine works, too, it just took a little trimming of sysdep.h.

RH5 made a LOT of system changes. also, it didn't actually
break the mud, just gave billions of 'previously delcared' errors, even
after i ran ./configure. incidentally, stock bpl12 compiled fine,
excepting one function (i forget which) that wasn't specifically checked
for by ./configure. stock bpl11 failed miserably.

both bpls and Rom2.4 failed on crypt(3). i think glibc moved crypt(3) to
it's own library, while the older C lib had that function in the stock
libs. i may be wrong about that, though.

> >-fno-strict-prototypes was being completely ignored, or am I
> >misinterpreting what that flag is supposed to do?

yes, but should't it keep same name functions from causing errors by using
the one defined in the source code, not in the C headers?

--
Blue Lang, Head Technician, Gator.Net
blang@gator.net          352.378.9998