Re: Improved Editor/Mail crashes

From: Chris (Sorren1@GEOCITIES.COM)
Date: 12/19/97

Ok, I put in the oasis 1.5 for bpl11 modify.c, and took out instances
of oasis, by adding #ifdef OASIS_OLC, my problem is now, when you
are in the editor, you are kicked out of the editor sparatically, one
line that I did comment out that I think is of importance is this,
which is in modify.c, in string_add at the very end.

     if (d->character && !IS_NPC(d->character))
       REMOVE_BIT(PLR_FLAGS(d->character), PLR_WRITING | PLR_MAILING);
     if (d->backstr)
       free(d->backstr);
     d->backstr = NULL;
     d->str = NULL;
   }
/*else
  if (!action)
     strcat(*d->str, "\r\n");*/
 }

I don't know the importance of this, but it seems to be causing
problems, I could have also, mistyped things from the patch, wherein
I added modify.c by hand.  So, could someone help me figure what the
purpose of the appending a carriage return and line feed to str.
Also a excellent thing would be for someone to send me a modify.c
for the improved editor for bpl11, the oasis 1.5 version, I think
thats the last version for bpl11.