Odd problem

From: Mike Schlagenhauf (mschlag@CS.PURDUE.EDU)
Date: 12/20/97

Thanks to John Evans for the help with my earlier question, got that all
resolved.  Now I've got a newer bug in my code that's got me completely
baffled.  I'm probably just overlooking something here, but maybe not.  I
wanted my freelance class on my mud to have access to certain skills and
spells, and just to test, I put in a few cleric and mage spells, made them
set to level one, and (seemingly) worked with no problem.  My problem comes
in when I try and add sneak to the freelancer's list to initialize the
skill.  I did it the exact same way as it was done for the thief, but
changed the class to freelancer.  It shows up in the spells/skills I can
practice, practices fine, etc.  The problem comes when the character
acutally types sneak.  When I stat 'em, here's what I get:

<lotsa stuff snipped>
AFF: SNEAK
SPL: (  2hr) TYPE UNDEFINED     sets SNEAK

???  This has me very puzzled, since it knows what it's setting, but still
comes up undefined?  I've tried looking thru all the functions that lead
thru from do_stat_character all the way thru the aff_remove functions, and
none of it makes any sense as to why this is happening.  Any ideas please?
Thanks!

Mike Schlagenhauf
mschlag@cs.purdue.edu