Re: Redhat 5.0 and Circle

From: Daniel W. Burke (dwb@IX.NETCOM.COM)
Date: 12/21/97

On Sun, 21 Dec 1997, George wrote:

> On Sun, 21 Dec 1997, Nicholas S. Wourms wrote:
>
> >        I think that appropriate solutions to compiling circle30bpl11 and
> >bpl12 should be posted in the faq plus the configuration scripts should be
> >updated to include potential problems.  Just a thought.
>
> bpl11 -> Upgrade
>
> bpl12   (not including utilities, which still compile)

There's also a problem with slackware 3.4 and the restrict variable.  From
the warnings it sounds like a function, but I was forced to rename it to
something else...

Brazil

(offtopic)
How is RedHat 5.0?  I downloaded most of it, but I'm hesistant to install it
now that I have heard of any problems with it on this list... I never had
anything but problems with 4.2, especially in compiling a new kernel, that
was a nightmare for some reason...