Borland Patch

From: George (greerga@CIRCLEMUD.ORG)
Date: 12/24/97

Just like to comment on it before I move it to its correct FTP site place.

+/* removed to handle the borland compile error */
+/* Error:  Error: Unresolved external '__chdir' referenced from module comm.c */
+/*
   if (chdir(dir) < 0) {
     perror("SYSERR: Fatal error changing to data directory");
     exit(1);
   }
+*/

This is wrong, if you look in sysdep.h, you'll find a better place:

/* Define the type of a socket and other miscellany */
#ifdef CIRCLE_WINDOWS   /* Definitions for Win32 */
#define FD_SETSIZE 1024
#include <winsock.h>
typedef SOCKET socket_t;
#define chdir _chdir            <--- #ifndef CIRCLE_BORLAND or similiar.
#define CLOSE_SOCKET(sock) closesocket(sock)
#else                                   /* Definitions for UNIX */
typedef int socket_t;
#define CLOSE_SOCKET(sock) close(sock)
#endif

Other than that, I'll go see about munging that into all the current
CircleMUD changes (and probably the casebreak changes) and mail it to
Jeremy.  While I'm at it, I should finish the Macintosh stuff I have half
finished (no pathname changes).