Re: DG Script code - silly questions

From: Chris Jacobson (fear@ATHENET.NET)
Date: 12/24/97

On 12/24/97 4:56 PM, Mark A. Heilpern (heilpern@MINDSPRING.COM) stated:

>I'm definitely interested. However, my mud is in C (sorry C++ coders.... I'm
>not trading in 14 years of C programming background just yet). Does anyone
>happen
>to have this back-ported to C?

That is Chris Powell's job.

A while back before I converted to C++ (ok not too long ago, maybe a
month :-) I ported teh DG scripts in C++ over to AvP in C, and this took
a week of 8 hr/day work.  Trust me, it is TOUGH because it also relies on
overhauling your extract/purging system (backwards compatible), and
overhauling your GET_* functions (backwards compatible too).

But in the end it was worth it, a small 10 line script allowed my crew to
add reloadable, ammo-counting grenade launchers with ranged effects to
the pulse rifles :-)  I did however expand ont he script system, adding a
(.#) field to %arg% variable for accessing invidual words of it (not too
hard, use a counter and the one_argument() func).

I think everyone will fall in love with DG Scripts.  AvP Staff already
has :-)

- Chris Jacobson