Dual shot firearms (was DG script code)

From: Doppleganger Software (doppsoft@TZC.COM)
Date: 12/24/97

>But in the end it was worth it, a small 10 line script allowed my crew to
>add reloadable, ammo-counting grenade launchers with ranged effects to
>the pulse rifles :-)  I did however expand ont he script system, adding a
>(.#) field to %arg% variable for accessing invidual words of it (not too
>hard, use a counter and the one_argument() func).

I am just curious about this.  I have my own firearm code and I wonder if
you had the 'dual shot' weapon defined as such before you added the
scripts or after?  I want to add them in, but I am just curious how you
did yours.  Also, however you did it, what kind of command system do you
use to fire the secondary weapon?