Re: [AD] CircleMUD guild of IMPs

From: Thibor Ferenczy (roland@INTERPATH.COM)
Date: 12/26/97

> Can you please make your line lengths sortof constant.  As in, constantly
> below 75 characters?  Reading a 75+ character line followed by a 5
> character line makes for a difficult read.

I do.  Might be my mail client, might be yours.  Looks ok to me though.

> Curiosity begs me to ask how this is any different from the services
> offered a) on the CircleMUD homepage and mudlist, and b) this mailing
> list.  Oh, was it the elitism factor?

It's the quality factor.  Anyone can unzip or untar the MUD.  It takes
special effort to strive for something new, even more to apply it all
to a MUD and make it click together.  And there are many more problems
to deal with in a MUD than coding, many of these are often considered
off-topic on this list, and understandably so.

> Guess that cuts people like Daniel out of this loop, Eh?  Last I
> checked, he was mudless.

Well it is for people who are running MUDs, isn't it?  That's too bad.

> Like most people?

Not quite.

> And yes, the main reason for this was to comment on the linelengths.

Like I said before, it shows up fine on my Netscape Email client.
I use the enter key and it's returns grace my emails.

> [snipped]
> With that in mind, have a good holiday season thing.
>Alex

Happy Holidays
Thibor