Re: [AD] CircleMUD guild of IMPs

From: StormeRider (silk@ICI.NET)
Date: 12/26/97

At 11:15 AM 12/26/97 -0500, you wrote:
>> Can you please make your line lengths sortof constant.  As in, constantly
>> below 75 characters?  Reading a 75+ character line followed by a 5
>> character line makes for a difficult read.
>
>I do.  Might be my mail client, might be yours.  Looks ok to me though.
>

>> Curiosity begs me to ask how this is any different from the services
>> offered a) on the CircleMUD homepage and mudlist, and b) this mailing
>> list.  Oh, was it the elitism factor?
>
>It's the quality factor.  Anyone can unzip or untar the MUD.  It takes
>special effort to strive for something new, even more to apply it all
>to a MUD and make it click together.  And there are many more problems
>to deal with in a MUD than coding, many of these are often considered
>off-topic on this list, and understandably so.

Question. Where would this guild be held? On your mud? Or are you
considering something like InterMUD? Lets just say there's only one other
MUD besides mine that I spend time on and I don't like having many zMUD
windows open. I tend to agree with Alex, it sounds somewhat haughty in its
elitism.

>> Guess that cuts people like Daniel out of this loop, Eh?  Last I
>> checked, he was mudless.
>Well it is for people who are running MUDs, isn't it?  That's too bad.

Gotta love the warm welcoming attitude. Keep it up and I can guarantee the
only people you're going to get are knee-jerk idiots like you're sounding
like, and Im hoping my assessment of you is incorrect.

>> And yes, the main reason for this was to comment on the linelengths.
>
>Like I said before, it shows up fine on my Netscape Email client.
>I use the enter key and it's returns grace my emails.

Netscape? Remember he said he uses Pine. Most programs format it via line
wrapping but that doesnt solve the underlying problem; I'd suggest Eudora
Light/Pro. (Light available from http://www.ici.net/softwaresites.html and
then your platform) It formats it when you read it and when it sends it as
well.

>> [snipped]
>> With that in mind, have a good holiday season thing.
>>Alex
>
>Happy Holidays
>Thibor

Merry Yule all.