Re: map, the lesser.

From: Blue Lang (blue@CALICO.GATOR.NET)
Date: 12/26/97

> I'm not worried about not having exits, because there will be exits NESW
> in every room, then once you hit the city, it no longer shows the map..
> I think I'll have a problem with that too, because I want citys like this
> on the map:

> where C would be the city, and @ is you.. if you go north you will be in
> the city, but then if you go east and north, you will be east of the
> city.. so if you went west you'd be in the city =)

ok, so i guess i don't really understand your problem? what method are you
using to print the little map array? if i were doing it, and doing it the
way you seem to be trying to (which i wouldn't), i'd do it something like
this:

find the character
cast north to end of line of sight
print room type for each exit to end of map west to string
print room type for each exit to end of map east to string
print string
cast north to end of line of sight -1

repeat

then it doesn't matter where you start, or where you're going. let me say
again, this method SUCKS. IMHO, you should rethink it a little. i mean,
you don't REALLY want to make a billion four exit rooms, do you? shouldn't
parts of the wilderness not be accessable?

maybe you should restate your actual problem and give us an idea
(codewise) of how you're doing (or not) it now..

--
Blue Lang, Head Technician, Gator.Net
blang@gator.net          352.378.9998