Re: do_give

From: Gary Barnett (gbarnett@POLARNET.COM)
Date: 12/28/97

On Sunday, December 28, 1997 1:56 PM, Rafiq Premji
[SMTP:jurniman@BETTERBOX.NET] wrote:
> I was running through my MUD's code today modifying the do_give code so
> that chars could give platinum and quest points and I found that comment
> made by Jeremy Elson about giving more than one item at a time.  Has
> anybody written code for giving more than one item, or something like a
> 'give all' command?  If so, where can I find it?

Not much help here.. except an idea.

I changed give to stack whatever you give to someone. Rather than parsing for
multiple different items I chose to parse on multiple-same items :-)

Just a thought. You can also setup GIVE ALL <whoever> to just send a line
saying
"You give all of your stuff to $N."

Same with Drop, but GET ALL <room> I parse all the items stacking dupes so
people get a message that someone dropped each item type.. tactical info a
player needs, as opposed to spam I think.

--Mallory

Neither sweat, nor blood, nor frustration, nor lousy manuals
nor missing parts, nor wrong parts shall keep me from my task.
  --Christopher Hicks