ModProgs

From: John Evans (evansj@HI-LINE.NET)
Date: 12/30/97

On Tue, 30 Dec 1997, Drago's wrote:

> I'm just wondering how many of you use the mobprogs provided on the circle
> site.  I've been using them on my building site for about a month, and they
> have caused a good deal of misery.  Half of them just don't want to work,
> and one mob prog was trashing players descriptors when they came in contact
> with it (hey, don't ask me man).  Just wondering what the general concensus
> of this was.

I've avoided MobProgs from day one. Back when I started they were buggy
and not reliable. Now, with thanks to George, they are stable, but it's
too late for me to add them in without tons of work.

Besides... I would rather code special procedures than force my builders
to learn some scripting language. I want them to concentrate on being
creative, original, happy, etc. Let me worry about the technicalities and
making things work.

John Evans <evansj@hi-line.net>
http://www.hi-line.net/~evansj/

Please stay sober if you wish to drive. My seventeen year old little
sister was suddenly turned into a national statistic on Oct. 4th, 1997.
See you in the new year.
In memory of Jill Fisher. Born: July 20, 1980.   Died: October 4, 1997